Sunday, January 21, 2007

An Update

Hmm, I can't review everything and I am getting back into that nasty habit of writing fiction that I hope someday will either be published or that I can use to create my next directorial piece, for whatever good thats worth. Because of these problems, I have asked any and all friends to send me pieces or reviews that they like. I will edit them as I see fit, but for the most part, I'm interested in seeing other people's opinions. So don't be surprised to see more reviews, just check the signature for my name if you like my reviews. They will be labeled my friends and can be given a title if they like, but for the sake of protection and anonymity from the evil Hollywood system of knowing everyone, they will always have an alias, even if its just Wannabe's Friend.

Also, I recently discovered a fascinating site called fantasymoguls.com. It's a fantasy game akin to fantasy football except free, fun, and about movies. You are your own studio and must choose six movies for your studio that are being released in the next 4 months. The scoring is based on things like money brought in and such. It is a fun guessing game and I highly recommend it. As for everything else, well, my last update was a bit faulty. Too much time has passed for me to give a good review of the Painted Veil or The World is Not Enough. The recent essay on film criticism spun out of ideas for a Truman Show review, which I didn't do. However, I can say that the future looks bright since I am currently writing a review of two other films that should complete the Mexican Triumvirate as I call it. They should be up soon, but until then, here's something a friend has to say.

No comments: