Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Fun Factoid May 2007

Alright, so in an attempt to add variety and interest to this blog, I figure I would share some fun, mostly useless knowledge when I came across it each month. This month's fun factoid is all about Warwick Davis whom some of you might recognize as...drumroll...WILLOW! Yes, the man is everywhere and if you are like me, you probably wondered what ever happened to him after that movie? Well...apparently everything. He seems to be the most overworked actor short person in Hollywood followed by Peter Dinklage. Let's see, did you realize that he is an essential fantasy movie actor? All the Harry Potter films, Willow, the upcoming Chronicles of Narnia film, Star Wars episodes I and VI and two of the made-for-tv Star Wars films. The guy runs his own agency for the vertically challenged, which I have to admit is really cool. Now if only writers and directors would write more parts for short people so that they could recieve the kudos they deserve. Now, for the fun part.

For those that didn't know, Warwick Davis plays the role of a popular well-known horror creature. Have you guessed it yet? Yep, that's right. Leprechaun. Now, with that being said, I am all about the Leprechaun films and apparently so is he judging from the list of titles in the series that are obviously terrible just from reading the title. So, with that said, enjoy the list and marvel at Warwick Davis in all of his good humor.

1. Leprechaun
2. Leprechaun 2
3. Leprechaun 3
4. Leprechaun 4: In Space
5. Leprechaun in the Hood
6. Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood

Now having been someone who has seen Leprechaun in the Hood, I completely appreciate the more farcical approach of the franchise. I am now dying to see Leprechaun 4: In Space and the new Back 2 Tha Hood. After all, if in the first hood movie Ice T can pull a bat out of his friends afro to beat on the Leprechaun, then I'm friggin hooked. There you go, a fun list of a decent franchise turned spooftastic. I know Warwick loves these movies, and so should you.

No comments: